I love sleeping. I never understood those girls who came to class or work with perfectly curled hair and a full face of makeup. I wish I had the energy to look that good every day, but unfortunately, my bed is heavenly. However, I can’t really show up to work looking like a complete bum, so I’ve managed to cut down my morning makeup routine to 5 mins. Here’s how:
- Get out of shower, spray dry shampoo in hair if it’s greasy, brush, and tie up. I tend to go half up, half down so it’s out of my face but looks nice. Slap on your face moisturizer and let’s get going!
- BB Cream is amazing. I know a lot of people do not like the feeling of foundation on their face, so BB creams are quite trendy right now because they’re extremely lightweight and the main ingredient is sunscreen. Protecting your skin and evening out your skin tone! I use this awesome Real Techniques brush to apply.
- Concealer! Even if you don’t have dark circles, concealer will change your life. It brightens your face up in seconds. HELLO world! Use a beauty blender or your finger.
- A matte brown eyeshadow is a nice product to have. Fortunately, I don’t even need to grab a brush for this cream one. Literally smear it on to enhance my brown eyes.
- While I love liquid liner, the precision you need for that beautiful wing tip just doesn’t fit in my morning schedule. I just do mascara! If there’s time, I will curl my eyelashes and tightline (eyeliner in your upper eyelid) for an extra pop. Real talk: sometimes I’m in such a rush, that I do my mascara in the elevator or in the bathroom at work. I used to think the mascara-only look exclusively suited blonde hair-blue eyed women, but boy was I wrong!
- I never forget blush. It makes you look feminine and if you put BB cream on, you definitely need to add some color.
- I fill in my eyebrows a little just to make sure that they are not drowned out with the rest of the face. Eyebrows are key to looking fierce! #eyebrowsonfleek
- I am a little obsessed with this new Stila liquid lipstick I just got. It’s the perfect color for work where it’s natural, but still adds a nice touch. And the best part is, I apply in the morning (again generally in the elevator…) and then again sometime after lunch and that’s it!
Looking presentable is crucial both in the workplace and in school. It’s a sign of respect that you took the time and effort before showing up. These 7 products and 5 minutes is all you need!
Maybelline Dream Fresh – $7
Real Techniques Powder Brush – $10
Mac Pro Longwear Concealer- $20
Sephora Precision Sponge – $7
Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Quite Natural – $21
Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Mascara -$7
Burberry Blush in Tangerine – $42
Bobbi Brown Blush Brush – $50
Stila Stay All Day Brow Color – $20
Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss in Terracotta- $24
(Keep in mind that I didn’t pay full price for most of these items. Keep an eye out for deals for products that you want! All prices are in USD.)