* You can view all content on TamilCulture.ca without having a TamilCulture.ca Account.
* Certain other activities on TamilCulture.ca —like uploading videos, uploading posts, or uploading images —requires you to have a TamilCulture.ca Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a TamilCulture.ca Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
* We may record information about your usage, such as when you use TamilCulture.ca, the channels, franchises, and favourites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the videos you watch, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in TamilCulture.ca (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. “Web Beacons”) in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
* Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
* If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the TamilCulture.ca Website, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the TamilCulture.ca Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
* Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the TamilCulture.ca Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the TamilCulture.ca Sites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name (not your email address), are watching the same video.
* We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major TamilCulture.ca Site changes or for customer service purposes).
* We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the TamilCulture.ca Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
Information That is Publicly Available
* When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of videos you have watched.
* Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as you upload videos or send messages through the TamilCulture.ca Sites. Other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
* You may also choose to add personal information that will visible to other Users on your channel page (which is the public facing page for your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, you name, gender, relationship status, or other details.
* If you choose to add certain features to your channel page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed friends or other Users. Such shared activity may include what videos you favorite, what videos you rated and what videos you have uploaded.
* Any videos that you submit to the TamilCulture.ca Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name (not your email address), are watching the same video.
* You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the TamilCulture.ca Sites, in which case you can still view videos and explore the TamilCulture.ca Sites, but TamilCulture.ca may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced TamilCulture.ca features may, for authentication purposes, require you to sign up for other Google services like Google Checkout or AdSense. The privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
* You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
* You may clear your viewing history at any time through the “Viewing History” feature.
* You may control the information that is available to other Users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your account and the features that are included on your channel page.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
TamilCulture.ca does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks TamilCulture.ca to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the TamilCulture.ca Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.