Salads are a wonderful way to increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables. Salads simply said, are an assembly of ingredients, it’s an easy way to start ‘cooking’. There are no rules really, so you can combine any ingredients that you think will taste good together. The salads I’ve shared here don’t require a dressing! Salad dressing adds flavor to plain greens, but when you have flavorful ingredients, you can easily enjoy a salad without the dressing.
Super Green Salad with Spiced Chicken and Sunflower Seeds
Spicy Grilled Chicken:
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 8oz Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups mixed salad Greens
- 2 cups Endive (curly endive)
- 1 Pear sliced
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Spiced Chicken
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a bowl combine ingredients for spicy chicken marinade
- Brush marinade onto chicken breast
- Cook chicken on a heated grill or non-stick pan (this takes approximately 15 mins)
*Chicken should not be pink in the middle once you are finished cooking. Cut chicken breast in half to ensure chicken is cooked well.
- Allow chicken to cool, and then cut in to smaller pieces (you can also cut and skewer the chicken before cooking).
- To make salad, combine ingredients in a bowl and toss well!
Sweet and Savory Summer Salad
- 1 cup of diced Watermelon
- 2 cups diced Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Roasted Sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and toss well
- Yes, it is that simple!